Fight Fracking in California
- Contaminating groundwater that causes respiratory and neurological conditions
- Releasing methane, a potent greenhouse gas
- Provoking seismic activity
- Building wells disturbs wildlife habitats and communities
Recently, the Sierra Club Loma Prieta Chapter formed a Fracking Action Team. Until fracking is proven safe in our communities and ecosystems, our goals are to:
- Ensure San Benito County enforces recently adopted regulation and moratorium adopted on fracking in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties
- See stronger regulations on fracking in San Benito, Santa Clara, and San Mateo Counties
- Obtain a moratorium on fracking in California until there are stronger regulations on fracking in California in line with Sierra Club policy
Mark your calendars, attend upcoming events and show support!
Be There! Gasland II Screening in Hollister, November 9th!
More info: Email Mike Kerhin at mikekerhin
What you can do right now
- Tell Governor Brown that you support a moratorium on fracking in California.
- Volunteer with the Fracking Action Team! We welcome all capabilities and levels of commitments. Please tell us what volunteer roles interest you by emailing email@example.com.
Come to our events!
- We will be at FRACKDOWN 2 on October 19 in Oakland! We hope to see you there!
- There will be a GASLAND II screening in Hollister on November 9. Come for the appetizers and become educated on fracking in the United States! Bring your friends and family!
- Learn about current fracking issues!
We are trying to reach our $9,000 goal! Donations will go towards hosting informative and awesome events, educating the public, and furthering our goal to get a moratorium against fracking.
*Please write "Fracking Action Team" in the Purpose field on the donation form. Thanks!
Connect with us!